What is a billing system?
The mechanical way of generating a bill, which is usually an automated process done on a monthly basis, is called a billing system.
Automated billing systems have been introduced in every country of the world and it has made life very easy for the vendors and the service providers.
Features of a Billing system
There are certain important features of a billing system that makes it so useful and these are considered to be indispensability to run any business. They are
- Accurate: The billing systems, which are fully computerized, are 100% accurate and yields flaw less outputs compared to what was done previously. When bills were generated manually, there were so many issues which had to be considered before generating the bill and the chances of making mistakes were quite high. Ever since the introduction of the mechanized system, only data needs to be fed in to the system and the rest is automatically taken care of.
- Fast: Needless to say, that a system which is run by machine would be much faster and efficient than any manual system. The billing system is no different. As mentioned earlier, all you need to do is to input data under the proper headings and at the end of the month all you need to do is to trigger the “generate” function and you will have the consolidated bill for the month
- Multidimensional: Besides generating bills, some of the modern recurring billing systems help you to maintain a record of your stock and purchase details.
- Easy to operate: Despite handling huge data base of figures and making calculations, this software is quite easy to operate.
- Authentic: Being flawless makes them more reliable and authentic.
Billing systems could be of various types. Some of them are used to maintain records of small establishments and there are different kinds of systems which are used in big, multinational companies with huge customer database. These systems, besides taking care of the billing, also generate reports on taxation, EMS etc.
Over the years, Indian made billing software have made a name. There are at least 4 such software which are being used not only by the Indian companies, but have been adopted by many multinational companies as well, due to their simplicity. What has made them so much acceptable is their price. They are available at a very reasonable rate.